Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Vegan Experiment.

I've wanted to be a Vegan for a while. Ever since a while back when I saw a TV show on this Vegan cake shop. I love the thought of being a Vegan. I love why they do it and it just makes me happy. Well on Monday Kevin decided that he wanted to be a vegetarian for a week. So I thought it was the perfect time to try out being a Vegan. That way we can do it together, sort of. So that night I told my dad about me being a Vegan for a week to see if I like it, and if I did I would continue it. The next day he took me to a store and we bought a bunch of Vegan foods. I learned that they can recreate meat, without me. They can create bread without and eggs or milk, same with cheese. I also learned that even non Vegans buy food all the time that is Vegan foods. There is also a aisle at the store with Vegan stuff, you just don't notice it. We bought fake ham, fake bread, fake chicken, veggie burgers, Tofu, fake cheese, fake hot dogs, and logs of fruit and vegetables. The cheese looks exactly like cheese, and it tastes like cheese. The hot dogs taste just like hot dogs and look and feel like them too. That sucks cause I was kinda hoping the hot dogs would taste different cause I hate hot dogs. The ham tastes like Bologna. The veggie burgers and tofu aren't good. The veggie burgers have mushrooms and corn cooked into them. Note to self: No more veggie burgers. Well yesterday I decided that after my week of being a Vegan was over, I was going to switch to be a vegetarian forever. Well today during band I decided that after my week of being a Vegan I'm going to go back to how it was before. I thought about how life is short and I should do what I want. I'm a teenager. We like to take chances and try new things. After this week, I will know what it's like to be a Vegan. Not many others can say that. Hell, everybody who I've told I was a Vegan for a week didn't even know what a Vegan was. So Homecoming is in 2 days. Tomorrow we have a pep rally at the end of the day, I have to go back to school at 4:45 for the homecoming parade. Then afterwards we're having Pizza (which of course, I can't have) Then we have a homecoming game. Mr. Moore has a special surprise for the halftime, which of course I can't say. It's very classy. I love marching band but its hell on my sides. But hey! I'm getting exercise which is supposedly good for me. The damn secretary messed up Amber's ticket and stuff so Kevin and I have to go to the office and get things switched up and changed. I found my Tamagotchi from seventh grade. I've been playing with it for the past 3 days. I'm grounded for like another month or so now. Long stupid story Welp I think that's all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment